Good afternoon Rainbow Families,
As we ger ready to start a new season we would like to take a minute and remind everyone of our field closure procedures.
1. Our Rainbow Soccer Complex is in a flood plain and just doesn't dry as quickly as some areas. Sometimes confusion comes when we close for rain and then the next day it is sunny and we have to close again. If the fields haven't dried yet after a big storm we will keep them closed so please check before you go to games or practice.
2. Cedar Falls Park, Southern Community Park and Smith Municipal Park are operated by Chapel Hill and Carrboro Departments of Parks and Recreation. They decide if these fields are open or closed.
3. Triangle Church fields are run by Triangle United and they make the decisions reagarding that field.
4. With all this in mind we make decisions on whether or not fields are open by 3pm during the week and then by 8am on weekends.
5. The way to find out if fields are open or closed are:
a.) Sign up for text message alerts from RainedOut. Click on the link or go to the front page of RainbowSoccer.org. This system will send you a text message notifying you of a field closure the moment we close it.
b.) Call our weather hotline at 919-990-3036 and listen to our recorded message. If the message is from a different date please disregard.
c.) Please don't call the office because those trying to conduct business with us cant get through if the lines are jammed with weather calls.
6. Lightning and Thunder - if thunder or lightning is heard please leave the fields and seek shelter. 20 minutes must pass with no activity before the field monitor will give the all clear.
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this and please stay safe if weather comes through our area.
Rainbow Soccer Staff